Rainbow Labor Network Victoria (RLNV) is the official LGBTIQ association of the Australian Labor Party’s Victorian branch.
We promote equality and diversity within the ALP, advancing the rights of LGBTIQ people, and building networks with the broader LGBTIQ community.
RLNV is made of LGBTIQ identifying party members, friends and supporters. RLNV was formed in early 2009 and officially affiliated to the Victorian branch at the mid-year state conference. This is the first time that a LGBTIQ group has been officially recognised by the Victorian branch.
RLNV is a focal point for LGBTIQ identifying individuals and their supporters who want to get involved in the ALP to further the rights of our community and participate in the broader political process. In particular we will work to:
- Promote equality for LGBTIQ identifying people in Victoria
- Build strong and lasting relationships between the Victorian ALP and the LGBTIQ community
- Provide regular opportunities for LGBTIQ Labor activists and their supporters to network and socialise
- Develop links with supportive MPs and their offices
- Represent the views of LGBTIQ party members to the broader ALP
For more information, email RLNV at firstname.lastname@example.org